Tour with Pakistan Cricket as a Fan
August 3, 2012 Leave a comment
This year (2012), Pakistan has almost exclusively played in the neighborhood. Most of their matches (barring a few) have been played England in UAE (Sharjah, Dubai and Abu Dhabi), Asia Cup in Bangla Desh and bilateral series in Sri Lanka. Later this year, they will take on Australia in UAE, T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka and a bilateral series with India in India.
At the same time, it is disheartening to see half empty stadiums and just a few scattered Pakistan cricket fans supporting our team against the best in the world.
Would it not be great if Pakistan Cricket Board announced a tour package for the fans. A package that includes basic amenities like:
- Visa for the country where the games are played
- Travel tickets through the air lines (preferably a local like PIA, Air Blue or Shaheen Air)
- Hotel options where we can choose to stay
- Tickets to the games (we can choose how many we want to see)
- Pick and Drop from the airport. It could be cheaper if fans band together in one bus.
- Local sight seeing and shopping options. Places like Sri Lanka, Dubai do offer great opportunities
- And a chance to have a dinner (paid of course) with the team during the tour
There can be more options made available for the fans but we should be offered these options so that we can choose the best ones for us.
This will not only increase the spectators to a sizeable number at the stadiums from Pakistan but will also energize the team to work harder at the games.
Local air lines are struggling to remain competitive and such specialized packages can definitely boost their bottom lines. So will the Travel Industry and tour operators who are suffering and on a decline thanks to online travel bookings.
In short, it could be the best option for us fans to enjoy seeing Australia and Pakistan dueling it out in UAE and later watching Pakistan try to win T20 World Cup for the second time in Sri Lanka. I for one will definitely sign up for one of these tour packages if made available.